Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Led Zeppelin Top Five

So I have been listening to Led Zeppelin a lot lately which has prompted me to do a top five list of my favorite Zeppelin songs. Here we go.

1. Since I've Been Loving You- The bluesiest song by them is extremely powerful and emotional. You can hear the pain in Plant's voice. And then you get an amazing solo by Jimmy Page, what a song.

2. When The Levee Breaks- It starts out slow and the first few times I listened to it I didn't finish the song, but near the end there is a killer hook. It's the epitome of a rock song.

3. Over the Hills and Far Away- One of the best opening guitars ever.....no more needs to be said.

4. Achilles Last Stand- Completely different than anything by them. I thought it was Rush the first time I heard it. One of the best progressive rock songs ever, by a regular rock n' roll band, it just shows their versatility.

5. The Rain Song- Again this shows how versatile they were. They were able to make one of the best love ballads ever, even though that type of music is not their MO.

Any thoughts? Please post your list.

1 comment: