Monday, February 16, 2009

Top 5 before I die

Here is another top five list, but this one has a different flavor to it. I watched the movie "The Bucket List" the other day. It is about two terminally ill guys who befriend each other in their waning moments of life. They come up with a list of things they want to do before they die and they go and do them. Well, I am going to do something similar, but my list is going to be sporting events. So, here is my top five sporting events that I want to go to before I die.

1. The Masters- This is the most prestigous golf tournament out there. It has a great history, it's a great golf course, and the event isn't as overly crowded as a U.S. Open.

2. The World Series- I would be ok going to a World Series no matter who the teams are, but I would prefer to see my beloved St. Louis Cardinals in the big one. Baseball is my favorite sport so this is a must.

3. The World Cup- I would love to go to this event at any time, but if I could go and the U.S. National Team was at least a mid level contender then it would be perfect. I would also prefer to go in an English speaking country, that way I could have more fun outside of just going to the games.

4. AC Milan vs. Inter Milan- To me this is the biggest rivalry in club soccer. They play at the same stadium, San Siro, and it is supposedly one of the best venues around. This game is steeped in tradition, it's an extremely heated rivalry, and from what I have heard, Milan is a great city to visit. This game is all about atmosphere.

5. The British Open at St. Andrews- The second biggest major championship, in my opinion. To see this event played at the most famous golf course in the world would be immense. Plus, after the round is over each day I could go enjoy a Guinness in the homeland.

Honorable Mentions
Super bowl, the Olympics, and Liverpool vs. Manchester United.

There's my list, you guys tell me yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment